Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Heart

This is a short post. I couldn't resist. Rob says something sweet almost everyday. He would add, "Well, that makes up for when I hurt your feelings." Lately, he's still genuinely loving, but in pain. His shoulder and neck are measuring in on a pain scale of 1-10 as a nine. Of course, that's me saying it's a nine. In his usual, carrying the weight of the world on his back fashion, he told the chiropractor, "Oh, last night night it was about a six." I argued.

Danika had to drive him to meet the doc the day before. I pitched in a bit more at work, picking orders, wrapping pallets and hauling them to the loading dock. It's times like these when I wake up to how much I take my husband for granted. Thank God, he's on the mend and will zoom into the weekend with another chiro adjusment and maybe a movie and popcorn in his favorite recliner...complete with an ice pack and a nice dose of Aleve.

So here is the latest arrow shot from Rob, smack dab in the target of my Heart:

Today at work I leaned to kiss Rob while he sat at his desk. He didn't close his eyes-- nor did I. He kept my gaze as I walked away. A dreamy half-smile rested on his face.

I asked, "What? What are you doing?"

He replied, "I'm dreaming."

"Dreaming about what?"

"What it would be like to be married to you."

"I hope I never wake up."


No comments:

Post a Comment